Marketing is about building credibility, vulnerability, and your tribe as I have said in previous articles I have written. I’m sure you’ve heard me say this many times! If that is marketing, then sales this is truly the test.
Napoleon Hill, author of “Think and Grow Rich”, would actually argue that the accumulation of money; i.e. sales, is actually the litmus test that you have organized your knowledge in such a way that people understand the monetized value of it.
Sales is the ultimate test that they want what you have to offer. It is the test that demonstrates you are clear:
- About whom you serve,
- What problem you solve for them,
- What logical way you solve those problems,
- What you charge for doing it, and the difference between the actual and perceived value,
- Owning this knowledge and being able to clearly and concisely share it with others is a struggle for most creative and intuitive entrepreneurs. I totally get it. It was for me. That is why my MasterMind is all about helping you make it happen.
- Do I have a clear organized plan about the service I sell?
- Am I clear as to who I serve with that clearly defined service?
- Have I clearly defined the problems I help them solve, in their language, so they recognize they need this service?
- Have I created the compelling language that makes them interested in the
- And am I willing to ask for the price that I have set?
These questions are critical to moving from marketing to sales. Without knowing and owning the answers to them you will probably be well-known, very inspiring, and sell very little. Which is great, but you deserve to earn!