Blogging…some immediately say UGH! Interestingly I have been teaching blogging as the primary online marketing tool since 2006….and ALL the top online marketing experts say it is the BEST strategy to focus on. Last week I shared that marketing is important, well blogging is a GREAT marketing strategy!
Here is the deal…I am saying it again: this is the TOP social media marketing strategy as well as organic search engine strategy (other than YouTube videos!)
I always say: “If you do one thing, BLOG!” Why?
- builds content
- improves your ability to be more compelling
- organically drives traffic
- feeds to your social media
- is the #1 traffic driver to your website
- helps you write a book or a program (in baby steps)
- can be repurposed for social media marketing
- can be reused for social media marketing or even in your automated list building strategy
- and more!
So what are some important guidelines to really make blogging work?
- Be short and sweet. 250-500 words maximum. If it gets long turn it into a series.
- Focus on education based blogs (what I call credibility blogs) AND vulnerability (storytelling blogs.)
- Remember your basic rules for writing: compelling title, opening paragraph that helps the reader understand they are in the right place, closing paragraph in summary.
- Post blogs at least 2 times a week (once a week or less will not drive traffic)
- Write ahead and schedule blogs, this creates less stress!
- Think about what you sell and write blogs about that! If you are truly an expert, you always have some little thing to say (250 words isn’t much!)
In my “30 Days to Content Creation” program, I show you how to create more content for blogging (and other marketing goals…it all fits together). Trust me it’s in you…we just need to draw it out!